Arvato design and deliver award-winning customer service and back office services for some of the world’s most respected brands, as well as innovative public sector clients – and we recognise that we wouldn’t be able to do this without our people.
Location: Homeworker but may require occasional on site working in Scotland
Contract: Fixed Term for 6 months, 32 hrs per week (with some flexibility to increase hours at certain times of the project
Salary: £60,000 pro-rata
The PM will be responsible for management of a six month transition project for a public sector client of Arvato using PRINCE2 methodology. The role may require some travel to client’s sites in Scotland and to Arvato’s sites in other parts of the UK.
The role is central to a successful implementation project on behalf of a client and will require the successful candidate to draw on previous experience of PRINCE2 project management to deliver projects seamlessly achieving on both financial savings and strategic aims. This role will require a good understanding of the contact centre/BPO environment and the wider political, financial, and cultural environment in which we operate.
We are looking for someone who can confidently lead and drive projects as well as develop multi-level relationships with client and team members to ensure project delivery goals are met as planned. You will be accountable for ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction by delivering to the project budget, schedule and quality objectives, and effectively identify, manage, resolve, and mitigate key risks and issues affecting the project delivery.
The ideal candidate must be committed to achieving the highest standards of quality, have strong business acumen, and superior communication and presentation skills. You must be able to exhibit strong team building skills and influencing skills, be energetic and resilient, and have the ability to drive change and delivery success through influencing & collaboration. This role requires interfacing, managing and presenting to senior stakeholders (both external and internal) on a regular basis. You must be able to influence people, resolve conflicts and motivate others to work on a common goal.
Additional requirements of the role:
- Creates and executes project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Ensures all PRINCE2 deliverables agreed with the client are produced and agreed to quality and schedule.
- Identifies resources needed and assigns individual responsibilities.
- Manages day-to-day operational aspects of the project.
- Effectively applies PRINCE2 methodology and enforces project standards.
- Prepares for engagement reviews and quality assurance procedures.
- Minimizes our exposure and risk on project.
- Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Tracks and reports team hours and expenses on a weekly basis.
- Manages project budget.
- Determines appropriate revenue recognition, ensures timely and accurate invoicing, and monitors receivables for project.
- Understands basic revenue models, P/L, and cost-to-completion projections and makes decisions accordingly.
- Understands our pricing model and billing procedures.
- Assures project legal documents (e.g., SOW) are completed and signed.
- Identifies "add-on" sales and change control opportunities as they relate to a specific project.
- Leads proposal efforts including completing work scoping and effort assessments.
- Effectively conveys our message in both written and verbal business development discussions.
- Facilitates team and client meetings effectively face to face or virtually across multiple time zones
- Holds regular status meetings with project team.
- Effectively communicates relevant project information to superiors.
- Delivers engaging, informative, well-organized presentations.
- Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion.
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
- Possesses a sound understanding of Project Management principles.
- Possesses general understanding of contact centres.
- Possesses a thorough understanding of PRINCE2.
- Maintains awareness of new and emerging technologies and the potential application on projects
- Guides the client and the project team in terms of project planning and approach.
- Inspires co-workers to attain goals and pursue excellence.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change.
- Manages the process of innovative change effectively.
- Remains on the forefront of emerging industry practices.
- Consistently acknowledges and appreciates each team member's contributions.
- Effectively utilizes each team member to his/her fullest potential.
- Motivates team to work together in the most efficient manner.
- Keeps track of lessons learned and shares those lessons with team members.
- Mitigates team conflict and communication problems.
- Manages day-to-day client and stakeholder interaction.
- Sets and manages client and stakeholder expectations.
- Develops lasting relationships with client personnel that foster client ties.
- Communicates effectively with clients/stakeholders to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions.
- Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
- Suggests areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions.
- Leads internal teams/task forces
- Approves team members' time and expense reports in a conscientious and timely manner.
- Reviews the status reports of team members and addresses issues as appropriate.
- Complies with and helps to enforce standard policies and procedures.
Note: Client/customer refers to both internal and external customers.
- The successful candidate will have experience of all or most of the above areas.
- Graduate degree in Business, Maths, Science or Engineering.
- PRINCE2 Practitioner certification essential.
- A proven track record of successful project implementation – minimum 5 years of experience.
- Team management experience; comfortable managing in a matrix environment project teams of up to 25 people.
- Excellent client facing skills.
- Strong stakeholder management experience including influencing skills
- Experience of the whole project life cycle, from Initiate to Close.
- Thorough knowledge of MS Project and proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio.
- The ability to foster motivation within the project team to meet tight deadlines.
- The ability to have a strong impact and influence key decisions.
- Excellent organisational, planning and time management skills.
- Logical thinking with creative problem-solving ability.
- Experience managing difficult people.
- Attention to detail.
- Good communication and negotiation skills.
- Understanding of budget control.
- Scotland/ Work from Home
- Work From Home,