You will have excellent analytical, technical, communication and organisation skills. The ideal candidate will be comfortable to work independently, escalating when required as well as contributing to a team and sharing knowledge. The role offers a mixture of activities that bring you in contact with key enterprise applications and IT infrastructure which has been deployed on premise as well as in cloud environments that include AWS and Azure.
As a Windows Systems Engineer you will be responsible for implementing and maintaining all aspects of ISSC1 (Independent Shared Service Centre 1) technology. Your activities will vary from supervising team activities, managing existing applications, IT infrastructure to extending the network and implementing new servers as well as desktop/server troubleshooting. You will be based on site in Swansea working as part of the infrastructure service delivery team.
Key responsibilities will be:
- Maintaining and Supporting Windows AD Architecture following industry best practice.
- Administration of Microsoft ATP and 365 Services
- Ensuring Systems and Applications are patched with latest security vulnerability releases within the agreed monthly schedule.
- Remediating system vulnerabilities identified in security audits
- Identifying improvements and taking responsibility in their implementation.
- Administration and maintenance of VMWare, ISCSI and Storage.
- Documentation of System Design and Deployments
Role expectations are that you will:
- Strive to build strong working relationships with colleagues and 3rd party support providers.
- Look for opportunities to innovate within the working environment
- Be punctual and dedicated to achieving business goals and objectives
- Have an appetite for learning new technologies and improving IT processes
- Be flexible when work needs to be completed out of hours
- MCSA Windows Server Certification
- 3 years server management experience
- AWS Practitioner
- AWS SysOps Administrator
- RHCSA / RHCE Certified
- SUSE Certfications
- Microsoft Azure Certifications
- Lead Windows Engineer,