The CISO is responsible for providing practical subject matter expertise for the organisation to continue establishment, implementation and maintenance of a compliant information security posture through strong application of security governance, risk assurance and compliance activities. Working within a small team of experienced information security professionals, the role holder will support the aims and objectives of the Information Security & Resilience (IS&R) function to ensure corporate and client services maintain a high-level of compliance with industry security standards, primarily through the maintenance of the policies, processes and procedures within our information security management system.
For this role we will need you to have some pretty special skills & knowledge:
- Proven track record of working as part of an information security management programme/team.
- Experience in understanding information security risk faced by data-driven organisations
- Detail-orientated approach needed to recommend and implement strategic improvements on a range of information security and data protection issues.
- Ability to conduct the role with a large degree of independence and integrity.
- A solid understanding of industry information security standards (e.g. ISO27001, Cyber Essentials) and UK Data Protection legislation.
- Professional qualifications aligned to the role (e.g. CISM, CISA, ISO27001 Lead Implementer/Auditor).
- Likely to be either their first Head of Info Sec/CISO role or for a current Head of Info Sec/ CISO with 1 to 2 years experience who is looking to broaden experience in a different industry or to move to a bigger role
- Experience in Business Process Outsourcing (BPO)
On a more personal level:
- Fully accountable and take difficult decisions when required, with integrity, honesty and professional presence.
- Strategic thinker, analytical and demonstrate strong solution skills
- A driven personality with excellent collaborative skills.
- Able to plan, prioritise and organise work to achieve agreed objectives.
- Slough or Swansea
- Head of Information Security,