This is a remote role with a view to primarily an office-based role in Arvato HQ in Slough. The successful candidate will have a wide understanding of user requirements and high level of emotional intellect to provide excellent support services to end users and their environment. You will be working in a professional and commercially orientated environment, as a member of a small team. The post holder will be operating in a pressured environment where every day is different and priorities can change quickly, so prioritisation and ITIL best practices and experience are mandatory for this role.
For this wide and varied role, it is essential that all team members have a high level of communication skills, exhibit technical and emotional competence, and, follow strictly agreed processes whilst documenting and recording queries and actions. The role will involve making use of home
management tools to support end users, manual handling in accordance with Health & Safety guidelines whilst deploying and removing IT equipment, the adherence to security protocols, and, the confidential handling of business and customer data.
The team will cover operational hours between 08:00 and 18:00 on a rota basis. Out of hours working may be a requirement to undertake specific projects or accommodation moves for which prior notification will be given and overtime will be paid. On call, the provision of regular support requirements to the client delivering services before 08.00hrs and after 18.00hrs may be required on a rota basis. If applicable an allowance will be payable. A full manual UK driving licence is essential.
Knowledge and Skills:
Reporting to the IT Support Service Manager this role will
- Record, monitor, update and respond to incidents and support requests in a timely manner, owning each incident up to escalation.
- Respond to user queries via email, telephone and online portal.
- Ensure all incidents and requests are actioned and updated regularly within Arvato’s ITSM solution.
- Proactively monitor requests and systems and act accordingly to fix issues before they become major incidents (Problem Management).
- Complete all registers as requested eg equipment registers, signing in and out, timesheets etc.
- Perform routine maintenance on open Incidents and Service Requests, ensuring that escalations are followed up on and tickets are updated regularly within SLA.
- Escalate any unusual events or issues to Team Lead / arvato management as quickly as possible.
- Act on advice provided by 3rd Line support.
- Employ customer focused communication techniques, both written and verbal, in the handling of all requests and face to face communications.
- O365 administration - user admin, InTune, groups, laptop builds through InTune (Autopilot)
- Working in an ITIL environment.
- Evidence of positive customer facing communication skills.
- Experience in 2nd line end user device support, Active Directory and the Microsoft environment.
- Experience in Incident Management and able to prioritise tickets
- Strong capabilities in following documented processes and verbal instruction.
- Adaptable to change and capable of learning new skills & requirements.
- Evidence of experience in the setup and support of all end-user devices and related software.
- Self-motivated, proactive with a "can do attitude".
- Well-developed written and oral communication, problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Emotional intelligence and ability to empathise with user’s IT problems.
- Supporting contact centre environments.
Meet/exceed agreed support SLA’s/KPI’s with the client.
Quality of work including accurate and timely completion of support requests.
Peer / Colleague review.
Completion of tasks set by line manager.
- CompTIA, ITIL or Microsoft Certification.
- Experience of working in a busy Service Desk environment.
- Holder of recognised qualifications in English and Maths from secondary level schooling
- A full manual UK driving licence
- Slough SL1