You will need a degree of initiative, there are questions to ask and information screens to navigate, so you’ll be the type of person who works well in a structured environment and as part of a team. A full training programme will equip you with the skills to deal effectively with all enquiries.
As the Service and Support Desk (part of the Customer Contact and Support Services function) is open from 8.00am to 6.00pm – Monday to Friday, you’ll be expected to participate in a rota to provide this level of cover.
So what will you be doing, you’ll be answering telephone enquiries and accessing our computer records for information, so you’ll need to be comfortable with PCs, keyboards, wearing a telephone headset, and happy to be on the telephone for the majority of the day.
You should also display an aptitude for following processes and procedures whilst having a flexible approach and willingness to expand your skills and knowledge.
This is very specific work calling for friendly, helpful individuals, with the initiative and ability to remain positive and calm, even at the busiest times. You’ll be required to:
- Handle, or where appropriate, refer customer queries and problems using the appropriate call handling processes
- Maintain up to date call and problem records in the appropriate service management/call handling system
- Conduct problem resolution and root cause analysis for first level calls
- Pass complex problems on to the appropriate support area
- Communicate problem status or resolution to the customer as required.
- Customer Service & Support Desk Team Member,