This course focuses on the major issues relevant to the effective administration of Council Tax Liability processes. It provides an opportunity for in-depth consideration of key regulations and their practical application.
The content develops an in-depth technical understanding of legislative requirements and discusses options for establishing best practice. It provides an opportunity to consider the full scope and extent of all factors affecting liability.
- Statutory duties
- Information gathering
- The dwelling as a unit of assessment
- Determination of self-contained status
- Houses in multiple occupation
- Impact of reorganisation of property
- The effect of insolvency on liability
- Practical sole/main residence issues
- Joint and several liability
- Leases and material interest
- Demand provisions
Terms & Conditions
Please click here for terms and conditions.
By completing and submitting this booking form you are confirming acceptance of the Terms and Conditions. Please note some details from this form will be held electronically on a training management system and used for statistical and managerial purposes. Under the terms of the Data Protection Act this information will be treated in a secure and confidential manner.