- This event has passed.
This course is specifically designed to give delegates an in-depth understanding of all technical aspects of business rates administration.
The content develops an understanding of legislative requirements and discusses options for establishing best practice. It provides an opportunity to consider the practical procedural issues that need to be addressed in order to maximise business rate revenue.
Who Should Attend
All revenues service staff dealing with business rates matters, as well as supervisors and managers involved in decision-making and dispute resolution.
- Rate retention principles
- Identifying the relevant non-domestic hereditament
- The boundary between domestic and non-domestic
- Completion notice – the meaning of ready for occupation
- Extent of schedule 5 exemptions from rating
- Determining rateable occupation
- Understanding rate avoidance issues
- Avoiding ineligible exemptions
- Effective rate relief administration
- Personal liability of company directors
- Pre-preferential expenses in insolvency
- Action in a court of competent jurisdiction
- Case law review
Terms & Conditions
Please click here for terms and conditions.
By completing and submitting this booking form you are confirming acceptance of the Terms and Conditions. Please note some details from this form will be held electronically on a training management system and used for statistical and managerial purposes. Under the terms of the Data Protection Act this information will be treated in a secure and confidential manner.