Brought forward by the government’s adjusted ban on petrol, diesel and hybrid car sales, electric vehicle adoption is high on the automotive industry’s priority list.
As award-winning motoring journalist and transport campaigner Quentin Willson explains it: “The electrification of our roads is the biggest single disruption in the history of the global automotive industry and will have seismic economic, environmental and social impacts.”
But is the automotive industry really ready to embrace this pivotal moment?
Alongside Quentin, ‘The countdown to 2030’ report shares insight from four of the UK automotive industry’s leading lights, investigating:
- the challenges businesses are facing, from infrastructure to financing
- the opportunities presented by the growth in adoption levels – the possibilities of the connected car and disruptive ownership models
- what the shift to electric vehicles will mean for customer experience
Read exclusive commentary from:
- Quentin Willson, award-winning Motoring Journalist and Transport Campaigner
- Andy Hamilton, Chief Executive at LKQ Euro Car Parts
- Dean Hedger, New Business Development Manager at the AA
- Lauren Pamma, Electrification Propositions Lead at Lloyds Banking Group